At McGuffey, we try to make fundraising as easy and ethical as possible. We’ve made a concerted effort to find ways to raise funds with the things you’re already doing in your everyday life. No wrapping paper, candy or candles.
Many of us use Amazon.com to purchase items we can’t buy in Oxford. Simply start your session at the McGuffey Amazon.com link, and we receive up to 6% of your purchase price. Last year we raised nearly $2,000 simply by families and friends using this link. Don’t forget to use this link during the holiday season!
Box Tops for Education
McGuffey participates in the Box Tops for Education program. Many of the brands you already buy have box tops that can be collected and turned into the McGuffey office. McGuffey receives 10¢ for each box top!
Every time you use your Kroger Plus card a percentage of your purchase will be donated to McGuffey! If you don’t have a Kroger Plus card, they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
To create an online account and register your Kroger Plus card for the Community Rewards Program:
- Start here.
- Click on “Get started. Sign up today!” in the “New to Kroger.com?” box.
- Sign up by entering your email address, password, and zip code. Select your favorite store.
- Enter your Kroger Plus card information.
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on “My Account”.
- Click on “Community Rewards”.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter McGuffey’s NPO number (80713) and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on in the Community Rewards section of your account information.
- Remember, purchases will not count for your group until after you register your card.
Questions? Need help? Please call the office, (513) 523-7742.
Shop Local Card
McGuffey sponsors a Shop Local Card. This is a card that sells for $15 and offers discounts to local businesses for a full year. While you support local commerce, the purchase of the card supports McGuffey and several non-profit groups in our community. These cards make a great gift for a birthday or holiday, or to welcome a new family to town—or simply sell the cards to your neighbors and co-workers! Stop by the office for more information.
We also have a few special events, like Trivia Night and our annual SOAR walking/running program and the Read-a-Thon, that make fundraising meaningful and fun.
Gifts and Donations
You can also support McGuffey by monetary donations. You can choose to donate to a specific event, in memory of Janet Kretschmer or set up a monthly donation.