As you probably know, McGuffey follows Talawanda’s lead during inclement weather. When they cancel or delay school, we cancel or delay school. Generally, the assistant superintendant notifies us by 5:30 AM if school is to be cancelled. Here is some important information about school cancellations:
- Early Drop-off – There will be no early drop-off available on days when there is a delayed opening.
- E-mail – We immediately send an e-mail blast to all parents.
- Television – We notify WLTW-TV (Channel 5) in Cincinnati, and we are added to their snow day alerts.
- Web – The complete list of area closings is available at http://www.wlwt.com/weather.
- Text Message – If you want a test message sent to your mobile phone, you can sign up at http://www.wlwt.com/closingssignup/index.html under the heading of “Get Closings Mobile Text Alerts”.
- Blizzard Bags – By the end of this week, all students (except preschool) will bring home Blizzard Bags that we have prepared. The Ohio Department of Education allows us to forgive up to snow days by providing such blizzard bags with required school work to the students. Each student’s bag will have five different assignments for each class; one for each of five snow days.