Give $750 and get $750.*
Ohio tax law now allows taxpayers to make a donation to our scholarship fund and receive a dollar-for-dollar state tax credit up to $750 annually. This means if your Ohio tax liability is equal or greater than your donation, up to $750, your donation ultimately costs you nothing.
All donations are used for scholarships to provide access to a high quality Montessori education.
Go HERE to make a donation to our Scholarship Fund
- For donations to qualify for the state tax credit, donations must be made through our Scholarship Granting Organization (SGO) website linked above. This is operated through the Ohio Association of Independent Schools.
- On the donation site, your donation can be made by credit card or check. If donating by check, enter your donation using the donation site and the prompts will tell you where to send your check.
- The tax credit is considered non-refundable which means your tax credit cannot be greater than your total tax liability.
- Donations through the site linked above are automatically earmarked for McGuffey.
- Donations made by December 31 count for that tax year’s return. Donations can be made annually.
- Married couples filing jointly are each eligible to make up to a $750 donation. This means a married couple may be eligible for a tax credit of up to $1500. A donation for two spouses can now be made at one time (a change from the beginning of the program).
- Grandparents, alumni, alumni parents, friends—ANYONE can make these donations providing they are Ohio taxpayers.
Not an Ohio resident? Contribute to the Scholarship Fund by check, noting “Scholarship Fund” in the memo field.
Please reach out to the Head of School with any questions.
* As always, contact your tax advisor on any charitable donations.