The Read-A-Thon is here and McGuffey’s students are excited about it! The Read-a-Thon is an annual event where, for two weeks, we celebrate the joy of the written word and encourage our students to read, or be read to. We encourage students to record how many minutes they spend reading at school or at home. The students can also get sponsors to donate money, which is used to buy new books that the McGuffey community can share and enjoy.
We encourage all parents to spend some time reading to or with their children during these two weeks. There are many tangible benefits that can come from reading with your child:
– Building a stronger relationship with your child
– Helping prepare your child for academic pursuits
– Increasing speech and language skills
– Fostering a lifelong love of reading
– Increasing focus and concentration
– Having fun
Take some time out and enjoy the event with a good book!