Since 1983, McGuffey Montessori School has fostered a life-long love of learning and scholarship in a joyful, loving environment that nurtures each child’s sense of self.
We understand how important it is for parents to choose the educational experience that is the best fit for their child, and we encourage you to experience McGuffey for yourself by visiting our school. You will be delighted by the creativity and joy of our students, the dedication of our teachers, and the warmth that you feel as you walk through our classrooms.
We have a waiting list for some of our classrooms. We are accepting application for 2014-15 and have openings in some grades now.
- TOUR. Schedule a tour by calling the office at 513.523.7742 or by e-mail to Nancy Hawthorne, Head of School, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- APPLY. Submit an application. See below for PDF.
- VISIT. Spending time in one of our classrooms is the best way for students and staff to get a feel for whether we would be a good fit. Preschoolers visit for a half-day and students in Kindergarten thru Grade 8 visit for a day, sometimes more.
Our tuition and fees for 2014-15 are HERE. Please note that part-time enrollment is only available for Preschool grades and we typically do not enroll for half-days at this time. Part-time openings are usually full-days on Monday/Wednesday/Friday or Tuesday/Thursday.
A deposit is required upon enrollment ($300 for part-time enrollment and $600 for full-time enrollment). The deposit is applied towards the tuition total and the balance is paid across monthly payments beginning at enrollment and ending March 1st. For more information about paying tuition and how discounts work, see How Tuition Works.
McGuffey uses TADS, a financial assessment organization, to provide a framework through which household need can be measured fairly and equitably. Recommendations from TADS will be sent to the Financial Aid committee at the school and we will use this information toward financial aid awards for each school year.
Financial aid is available on the basis of demonstrated need. If you believe that your resources are not sufficient to meet the total cost of a McGuffey Montessori School education, you may apply.
For currently enrolled students, initial aid decisions for 2014-15 will be made based on applications completed by March 31st. After this date, you may continue to apply but funds will be limited.
Use the links below to apply for financial aid. The worksheet provides an excellent overview of the process and what information you need to complete the application.
There is a $34 fee to apply for financial aid.
- For families that are already receiving aid for 2013-14, McGuffey will reimburse half of this fee upon full completion of the aid application for 2014-15.
- For families applying for financial aid for the first time at McGuffey, McGuffey will reimburse half of this fee if you are awarded financial aid.
The McGuffey Montessori School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation, family structure, or national or ethnic origin, in admissions, programs, employment, financial assistance, activities, use of facilities, or privileges.