Since 1983, McGuffey Montessori School has fostered a life-long love of learning and scholarship in a joyful, loving environment that nurtures each child’s sense of self.
We understand how important it is for parents to choose the educational experience that is the best fit for their child and we encourage you to experience McGuffey for yourself by visiting our school. You will be delighted by the creativity and joy of our students, the dedication of our teachers, and the warmth you feel as you walk through our classrooms.
We make Admissions decisions based on many factors with consideration given to gender, age, and a comfortable fit within a Montessori environment as dictated by the balance of the existing multi-age class. We give priority consideration to siblings of enrolled students, children of alumni families and staff, and to students with prior Montessori experience.
If there is not currently room in a grade, we maintain applications on file as part of a waiting pool for two years. Families must have an application and check on file to be in this pool.
- Come TOUR! We are always happy to give tours as parents consider their schooling options. Schedule a tour by calling the office at 513.523.7742 or by e-mail to Nancy Hawthorne, Head of School, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- APPLY. Submit an application. See below for PDF
- Come to OBSERVE. Parents are asked to observe the classroom(s) to which they are applying for at least thirty minutes prior to arranging for the student’s visit. This gives prospective families a strong sense of what our school is like. These observations may be done together or separately.
- Plan for your child to VISIT. Spending time in one of our classrooms is the best way for students and staff to get a feel for whether we would be a good fit. Preschoolers visit for a half-day and students in Kindergarten through Grade 8 visit for a day, or sometimes more.
Our tuition and fees for 2015-16 are HERE. Part-time enrollment is only available for PreKindergarten and we only enroll for full-days at this time. Part-time options are full-days on Monday/Wednesday/Friday or Tuesday/Thursday.
A deposit is required upon enrollment ($300 for part-time enrollment and $600 for full-time enrollment). The deposit is applied towards the tuition total and the balance is paid across monthly payments beginning at enrollment and ending March 1st. For more information about paying tuition and how discounts work, see How Tuition Works.
McGuffey uses TADS, a financial assessment organization, to provide a framework through which household need can be measured fairly and equitably. Recommendations from TADS will be sent to the Financial Aid committee at the school and we will use this information toward financial aid awards for each school year.
Financial aid is available on the basis of demonstrated need. If you believe that your resources are not sufficient to meet the total cost of a McGuffey Montessori School education, you may apply. Financial Aid is very limited and is not typically available for PreKindergarten.
For currently enrolled students, initial aid decisions for 2016-17 will be made based on applications completed by March 15, 2016. After this date, you may continue to apply but funds may be limited.
Use the links below to apply for financial aid. The worksheet provides an excellent overview of the process and what information you need to complete the application.
There is a $34 fee to apply for financial aid.
- Families currently receiving aid will be reimbursed half of this fee upon full completion of the aid application.
- Families applying for financial aid for the first time at McGuffey will be reimbursed for half of this fee if you are awarded financial aid and enroll.
The McGuffey Montessori School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation, family structure, or national or ethnic origin, in admissions, programs, employment, financial assistance, activities, use of facilities, or privileges.